You just got your new subwoofer, but how do I set it up with my AVR?
- First thing is to connect everything. For most receivers, this will be a single RCA cable from the receiver's "subwoofer 1" output connected to "input 1" on the subwoofer. You'll also want to connect the power cable and power the sub on after the signal cable is connected.
- The next thing we'll do, is make sure the receiver is setup correctly. The menus and names will be a little different depending on your model, but the goal is the same: Enable the subwoofer and select an appropriate crossover frequency
- Enter your receiver's menu, find "speaker setup" and head to "configuration".
- Here you'll find subwoofer 1 and enable it.
- The next step is really important: Go to "front" (which was previously grayed out). You'll be able to select between "small" and "large". You are going to choose "small" and select the crossover frequency. This will be dependent on what front speakers you have, but most speakers will sound good with 80Hz. You can check what crossover we recommend for our speakers here
- The next steps will be to get the subwoofer in the most optimal location, get the subwoofer's settings correct, and calibrate your system. We have numerous articles on how that is done, which can be found here: Positioning a single subwoofer, 1723 subwoofers, 1723 app, and 1961 subwoofers
Up and running!
With that, your subwoofer should be up and running. If you have any other questions, you're always more than welcome to reach out to our experienced customer support!